Sunday, April 02, 2006

UWYHM Project #1 completed

Ta da! After a creative frenzy yesterday afternoon and a final polish this morning I present my very first UWYHM (Use What You Have Month) project:Well, OK, there's more to it than this but I'm pretty stoked at how my shrinky dink pins turned out. I'm sure it had a lot to do with the toaster oven donated by T for the purpose.

Here's my daisy pin cushion. In the spirit of UWYHM, when I discovered my tailor's chalk had gone walkies (at some stage in the last 10 years, that is!) rather than running off to the supermarket to buy a new one I hunted round and decided my silver marker pen would do the job almost as well. The centre is stuffed with the last of my cotton wool balls but I figured they're not really a craft supply as I do use them primarily to take off nail polish so I'm OK to buy another bag. Phew! I have some miniature cushions in the pipeline and they'd be pretty sad without stuffing.


But wait! There's more! Under the pincushion there is a needle book. Very clever (if I say so myself). I borrowed T's spare pinking shears to cut the edges of the wool flannel and now I want a pair myself.Last night the clocks finally went back. Autumn arrived with a bang on the last day of March - almost like Mother Nature finally realised summer should be well over. It's rained twice in the last week (quite an amazing feat and also why it's suddenly got a lot colder), and on Friday morning I awoke to the first fog of the season: To celebrate I pulled the following out of their summer hiding places:(I'm thinking another UWYHM project might be a new hottie cover as that one is looking quite mangy. But first I should check the top cupboard as I probably have a spare new one up there somewhere. I love my top cupboard...)

(Soundtrack: Right On Vol 3: More break beats and grooves from the Atlantic and Warner Vaults)

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

I love your shrinky dink pins, and your pin cushion. I have wanted to make some of those pins for a year