Wednesday, June 21, 2006

I think I'll turn 40 every year!

Almost a month after the actual day and the present keeps on coming. If this is what happens when I turn 40 I think I'll keep doing it every year from now on... On Monday: V,M and Little E gave me a bar of Bloomsberry emergency Chocolate and a package of funky post it notes which seem to have mysteriously disappeared into one of the tettering piles around here and thus hasn't been photographed.

I need to have a (good) rant here about how utterly fabulous New Zealand chocolate is. Bloomsberry does fantastic packaging (the chocolate's bloody good, too!) but if it's a major chocolate experience you're after Schoc is the place to go. I had some frankincense, myrrh, gold chocolate last year and still get cravings for it. And yes, there are real gold flakes in it...On Tuesday: Y and I caught up for Debacle's Buy One Get One Free Pizza Night and she gave me a set of her handmade earrings and matching necklace. Y does wonderful work and I'm hoping to convince her to sell some of her pieces in my eBay store. So look out for the launch of D'art happening soon.On Wednesday: I arrived home to discover a little package in my letter box from Tracy and Nick in New Zealand. Although the coasters were bought in New York (they were both there a week before I was so we didn't get to meet up alas).

The funny thing is I'd been looking at this set of glass coasters with Eames chair silhouettes in the MoMA gift shop but decided (reluctantly) not to get them. Now I know why!

And the CD!

Trash it is but oh such good trash. I shall be singing "I wanted to tell her but I stuck to my lies" for weeks - if you're a Ministry fan you may not know that before their deep dark industrial phase they released a very synthpoppy album which included this little gem.

Tracy knows the dark underbelly of my taste so well. The only omission I can see is "You think you're a man" by Divine which I always have the urge to play back to back with "Walk like a man"

(Need I tell you what I'm listening to at the moment?)

1 comment :

Shanna said...

what great gifties! love the coasters!