Saturday, July 29, 2006

Second Hand Saturday

Yes folks, it's that time of the week again and after a week off I was raring to go see what was new in my favorite frugaling haunts.Leaf plate: $2 at Salvos in Belconnen. I'm thinking Craft Catch Up snacks with some Pacifica napkins I have which will go beautifully.Entertainment: three videos I've not seen (I swear I'm the only person in the universe who hasn't read or seen Harry Potter) and one I have: $11 total. 4 books: $6 total. And look at this one!Speaking of books I picked this up at Vinnies Dickson for 50 cents:Not sure what I'm going to do with it but the illustrations tickled my fancy and for 50 cents I just couldn't leave it there...I picked up a few more tapes for Miss Daisy for 50 cents each and even ventured out of the 80s. And for other people I got:10 white cardboard magazine boxes for E at work who was saying she wanted to sort out her magazine collection: 50 cents each.Joss Stone CD for $4 which is for Sis unless she already has it (or for some strange reason hates Joss Stone.)And this apron. $4 at Vinnies Belconnen.

If you love it to death and can't live without it leave me a comment. If you're the only comment by this time tomorrow it's yours. If there is more than one comment I'll have a draw to see who'll have it turn up in their mail box!

(Listening to: Royksopp, The Understanding)

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

you are the queen of aussie/kiwi thrift! love the graphics in the peddler book! and yes, you know i'll say the apron is fab too!

June said...

Ooh, a pearly king!

Funnily enough, I'm just reading another book by Jane Gardam (I ordered it used for someone else, but it's so good I have to read it first.)