Friday, August 25, 2006

Frugalled my little heart out...

I've been so frugal this week I'm now broke.

Not really, but I've lost count of the number of op shops and junque shops I've visited and the goodies I have found. And I believe there are more to come on Saturday. Ah, the joys of staying with a friend who loves op shopping as much as I do...

I'd share photos but a) most of my "treasures" are wrapped in bubble wrap and safely stowed in the cardboard box which became necessary when I ran out room in my (rather small) suitcase and b) although my new holiday accommodation in Karori has provided me with an computer upgrade from the dial up connection at Chateau Fiasco (the parental palace in Petone) to broadband and one of those sexy all in one Macs, I don't know how to upload photos here.

Today is a rest day on The Shopping Sherpa tour of Wellington. I have the house to myself (apart from one dog and two cats) and the only thing I need to do is get myself down into town for a Whisky Tasting at 5:30pm. I think I'll take a gentle wander down to the local op shop to see if they have a very cheap and very large suitcase I can buy then across to the supermarket for supplies of Snifters, Buzz Bars, chocolate fush and BEE cleaning products to take home.

No comments :