Tuesday, August 08, 2006

She loves Wellington, she was(n't) born there, she grew up out in the Hutt Valley...*

In the gap between old contract and new job I'm heading back to Wellington for a week.

Not that I can afford it but it's been 18 months since I've been to the dentist or seen my parents or eaten a Chow blue cheese wonton or a Shish Mahal curry (let alone seen the Shish Mahal's new premises in Courtenay Place). And I think I need some serious blobbing time.

So this trip there'll be no visiting The Vault or Askew or Real Groovy Records or Staxs as I've spent all my money on my airfare. Instead I'll be doing some gentle exploring of op shops, visiting of galleries and museums, catching up on my reading and taking advantage of Chow's two for one specials (food on Monday night and cocktails on Wednesday). And lots and lots of just hanging out and recharging at Chateau Fiasco, the parental palace in Petone.

(*with apologies to The Front Lawn)

4 comments :

Taphophile said...

Lovely - have a great time. :)

Martha Craig said...

Yay! Go Petone. You can come to Stitch and Bitch - and of course Petone has Chow too...

Mondo Viagiatore said...

Looks like I better add Petone to my list of places to visit in the land of the long white cloud - jealousy is a curse and I should be well contented, but then there is always more travel in my head than my income can ever support!!!!

AMCSviatko said...

*raises one eyebrow ever so slightly*

Not sure Petone has ever been high on the tourists' "must see" list in NZ but I suppose there's a first time for everything...