Monday, October 09, 2006

Princess B's Birthday

It's been pointed out to me that I forgot to mention the reason for my being in Sydney this past weekend. It was Princess B's birthday. And here's a picture of the (gluten free) birthday cake to prove it:(Can you believe the size of those strawberries? And to add insult to injury they actually tasted like strawberries!) Her presents from TSS spanned three countries (hey, what's a little authentic dust amongst friends?) Here's the latest B for her collection - from an old movie theatre in the USA (with the fold out cake stand I found for her last time I was in the Big Smoke) And the Tord Boontje felt placemats I bought for her here in Canberra (dammit, they almost stayed at my place I love them so much). Not pictured is the initial B candle I bought in New Zealand - it disappeared up the stairs to her bedroom before I could photograph it. Which I think is a good sign, don't you?

(Listening to: SJD, Southern Lights)

2 comments :

Unknown said...

Those placemats are SO cool! I've never seen anything like them. I can see why you were tempted to keep them!

createacraft said...

I love the Placemats..too..
and happy birthaday to Princess B..
I liked so much your photos yesterday.. that when I joined some friends in the evening.. I asked for cold sweating beer.. and shoked them because I normally am a wine person..
anf .. you are right..this is the nickname of this actor.. after the caribean pirates movie.. =))