Thursday, November 30, 2006

Corners of my world

OK, that's it. We've definitely turned into a real city this year.

Factory outlet? Tick. Borders? Tick. Gold Class cinema? Dendy is opening next month. Wagamama? (Not sure when yet but I know we're getting one). Which means Max Brenner can't be too far away...

And to really prove the point we have Christmas windows! Except they're not really. You see, Canberra is all a little inside out and upside down so we don't really have outside windows like there are at DJs in Sydney (and probably somewhere in Melbourne but I'm not sure because I've never been there in December) and so we have displays set up along the top of the Canberra Mall extension (the old new bit, if you're a local)

This is my favorite. I keep wanting to call them "Knitting Gnomes" except that they're elves. Bother. I particularly like the Christmas stocking race in the left hand corner - it's just a pity I don't have the technology to video the action for you.(Listening to: Julie Fordham, Julia Fordham)

3 comments :

Anonymous said...

how cute! the people in my downtown don't really do window decorations...the quilt and knitting shop are the only one's that do anything. their deocr is mostly trees, sewing machines and vacuums, and swagged fabric. whoo hoo!

Taphophile said...

*wah* I wanna knitting elf - How well guarded is this display and will they knit washcloths?

AMCSviatko said...

Well I'm guessing the market for Christmas stockings will have dried up in a few weeks and then they'll be looking for new jobs.

I wonder if they do housework too?