Monday, November 06, 2006

Kinda blue

I seem to be going through a blue patch craft-wise which is a bit perturbing.

On the left is the baby hoodie I started for E on Saturday (based on the pattern in Zoe Mellor's Nursery Knits). The wool cost $6 in total and I have a suspicion the zip will cost about the same. Still, it's a cheap jumper and I made it big enough to be able to be worn next winter.

On the right is the knitted (but not finished) cardigan I started a couple of weeks ago. I'm taking a wee breather from before starting the sewing up and front band phase of the project.

And in the background is the $3 piece of blanket I bought in New Zealand. I'll be turning it into Christmas stockings for The Parental Units. Hopefully tonight.

6 comments :

createacraft said...

colour.. do I see colour??
nice knits though and I love th blanket..

AMCSviatko said...

Yeah, sorry about that. A temporary aberation, I assure you.

Actually there'll probably be a bit more colour between now and christmas :-}

Taphophile said...

Impressively fast! The hoodie for E is very cute and barely colourful. Congrats. :)

Mondo Viagiatore said...

glad to see blue on the blog!!!

Carson said...

You mean you've knitted all of that cute looking hoodie in ...48 hours? not including sleeping time?
Like taphophile, i'm impressed.
Just checked out the reader reviews of Nursery Knits on amazon and looks like at least one reader warns that the patterns are badly written. Are you finding that's the case?

AMCSviatko said...

Carson. Yup. 48 hours. But I sorta forgot to mentionthe fact I was up knitting and reading til 4am which may explain a few things...

And I read that bad review as well - haven't tried either of those patterns but it would seem the hoodie is fine (even though I substituted wool for cotton and changed the needle size!)