Wednesday, December 13, 2006

2006 theme word number two: focused

This is a hard one for me to rate myself on.

Sometimes this year I've felt incredibly focused (eg: in making the birthday trip to the USA happen) and sometimes (like in the past 24 hours) I feel like I'm focused, but on completely the wrong thing, things, latest obsession, whatever.

A very good example. See above. Doll arrived in the mail yesterday morning. Last night I decided it was imperative that I make not only a summer dress (as she only had winter clothes) but also a black hoodie. Even though it was late as I'd caught up with J & M (and J's brother) over dinner at Mecca Bah in Manuka.

So I was up 'til after midnight knitting. I can sort of justify it by saying I haven't had much "me" time this past week. As I find knitting meditative it was probably a good choice of time out activity. Plus it was fun to make something silly and quick that's not on one of the To Do lists that have been running my life for the last couple of weeks.

And hell, I'm pretty chuffed to see I haven't lost the long unused ability to sew and knit dolls (and, I suppose, bear) clothes without a pattern. If you look closely you can even see the hoodie has cords. (Details: knitted with the 5 ply and needles I bought on Saturday. Dress beneath is a simple shift made with stash fabric)(Is it just me or does she bear a striking resemblance to Keisha Castle-Hughes from Whale Rider?)

Anyway, I must away and (ahem) focus on ironing and packing for tomorrow's trip to Sydney plus finishing the last remaining present on my list for this weekend...

(Listening to:
Wallpaper* Mach 1.5)

2 comments :

Carson said...

it's official: you're obsessed!
and yes she does look a wee bit like keisha..now if you knitted her a green jumper she would really look like her (just before she goes under the waves on the whale)

Anonymous said...

you're so like me! i get an idea to make something and i put aside everything because i HAVE to make it now!