Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Nothing wishy-washy about me!

Hmmm.... did I say I was planning to knit some wash cloths on my cruise? At the rate I'm going I'll have burned through my cotton stash by the end of this week!
I think the finished product goes very well with the soaps I have tucked away in my present stash. (Obviously the ol' subconscious knew I'd be getting the wash cloth bug even if I didn't.) I'm kinda hoping I'll find a pile of cheap handmade soap dishes in Indonesia to round things off and am thinking of using that fabric in the background to whip up drawstring pouches to use as green gift wrap. Maybe personalised in some way?

3 comments :

Heidi said...

I love how natural and organic the washcloths and soaps look.

Taphophile said...

Very productive! I know they'll be appreciated.

I gave all my volunteers a handknitted wash cloth last Christmas.

This year they're getting lemon myrtle soap I bought at a market up north. I'll be putting them in litte fabric bags, too - made from the twee Christmas fabric from my Nanna's stash.

Michelle said...

Drawstring bags with embroidered initials (or even a simple motif) are so nice - and they can be re-used to hold stockings when they travel!