Friday, April 11, 2008

Frugalling Friday (and weekend plans)

I'm feeling much perked up after a very slow start to the week. Do you think a little gentle lunchtime frugalling yesterday helped?I picked up this doona cover. There's a story behind it. I bought the exact same doona cover in May 1996 on my first trip to Australia. As I was hanging it on the line after washing it last week I remember idly contemplating the fact that I'd never seen one in an op shop - and then, yesterday, there it was! Slightly more expensive than I'd usually want to pay (and without pillowcases alas) but it was a weird moment...

Alos discovered yesterday was a copy of a Dean's Bumper Book of Bedtime Stories with pictures like this (which reminds me, along with this morning's fog that it's definitely autumnal and probably time for the twice yearly wardrobe shuffle this weekend?)And this (yep, definitely time to pull out the daisy hoodie to work on!)And a bit of baking followed by a spot of afternoon tea sounds just perfect,while I listen to my new Eddi Reader live CD, a gift from J & M to make up for the fact I didn't make it to see her at The Folk Festival at Easter...

(I think I'm going to have a lot of fun with the pictures in this book. I'm just wishing I knew more about printing onto fabric than I do!)

No comments :