Sunday, August 24, 2008

What I've been watching:

Philippe Gentry's Lands End, last night at The Playhouse:

If you don't blink at around 1:29 of this promo:

you'll see the bit I called Dance of the disappearing dolls houses. There was dancing. There was a whole village of white model buildings. Which, towards the end, wandered their way across the stage in a single line and then Poof! disappeared (as things were wont to do through the whole production.

I was the one in the audience cackling "Come to me my pretties" the whole time...

And this morning I watched this at
Manic Thrift Store Shopper and cackled in a whole different way...

http://view.break.com/534274 - Watch more free videos

3 comments :

ivy said...

I love this video "Im looking for the title", but cannot find it. The post says "Manic Thrift Store shopper"? It would be a good short video film to have stored on your television to play when friends and fam'iles come over to eat, sit, look and CHAT. It is one of the best ones I have ever seen in my whole life, ever and I love it! I have been thinking of recipes and I love it when he/the hand smashes the pin cushion tomatoes. I would like to see this on tv day after day after day after day and have it as part of a personal repetoire of film and video which is fun and good and wonderful enough for everything in the world. The End! Love manic fanatic waa waa

ivy said...

Who is Sam Welch?

AMCSviatko said...

Don't know: but more links to his work here; http://creativity-online.com/credits/sam-welch/3580/1