Monday, September 22, 2008

One that got away too

It was love at first sight when I spotted this on UK eBay: And, happily, it sat squarely within the ol' Collection Development Policy. After a couple of grovelly emails to the seller (and a few days of fingernail biting!) I was given permission to bid.

Unfortunately it would seem it was love at first sight for a number of other people as well. I entered my highest ouch this will hurt if by some miracle I win it bid and went to bed. Where I dreamed of furnishing it as a block of Bauhaus bedsits.
As I expected, I awoke this morning to find myself severely outbid. The auction ended at £112.55 which actually pleased me as it was almost exactly double my top bid: much better than being beaten by one measly pound...

(Size: 53cm wide, 55cm tall, 25cm deep)

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

i can't believe you were watching this dolls' house as well! luckily i just haven't got the room for it otherwise it probably would have ruined me!

AMCSviatko said...

Well I was tempted to blow the entire Emergency Fund.

Which is why I switched the computer off, went to bed and made sure I didn't set the alarm.

*sigh* Being a grown up sucks sometimes...