Saturday, November 08, 2008

Secondhand Saturday

I alluded to this last week but was waiting for a few last minute things to be fixed before announcing it officially. But I've decided I can't wait any longer and, using the 80/20 rule, have decided that close enough is good enough for the moment.

May I announce the launch of I op therefore I am - ACT

A collaborative blog about op shopping in Canberra, ACT and surrounds in Australia - let everyone know about the treasure you've found, alert the world to that Akira Isogawa dress that didn't quite fit, and check out where you can get your op shop fix on a Sunday."

Note the word collaborative. I've already started the ball rolling but need you to help keep up with what treasures are out there in Canberra op shops* and what's news. If you'd like to be part of the team, drop me an email and I'll invite you to become a member of the blog.

And there's a giveaway! I found a copy of the excellent book Creative homes: Inside the private worlds of Australia's style makers at Y's buys for $3 recently:I already have a copy. If you'd like to be in the draw to win it leave a comment over on this post at I op therefore I am - ACT. I'll draw the winner at noon next Saturday.

*Which I've stretched to include Queanbeyan and Yass)

No comments :