Monday, December 01, 2008

Modern Miniatures on Monday: Putting on a good front

(Part four of a series about the renovation of my Triang V bungalow. Read Part onePart twoPart threePart fivePart six, and Part seven.)
_________________________________________________________________________

My poor Triang has been buried on my worktable behind a never ending parade of eBay and Made It sales that need to be packed and posted plus, more recently, the contents of the Present Cupboard which I've been sorting out with the silly season fast approaching. But today I finally cleared the stuff in front and managed to find the space and time to focus on the next stage of the renovation.

The first step was to clean the front. A damp sponge dealt with the sticky soot on the bay window roof and the dust on the front and inside front. For the frames I used good old cotton buds and a bit of spit:
(Yep, that's one dirty sticky house. The whole time I was cleaning I was singing this in my head)

Next step was to reglue the side of the bay window in place. I clamped it and left it to dry, at the same time wishing I had more than one set of clamps as all the other uprights on the front have all come adrift to some extent and at this rate it'll be at least a week before I've got the front sorted as I wait for each round of gluing to dry before I start the next... In the meantime I can take delight in the fact I discovered that the windows open and close just like the windows in my full sized house. Except the Triang doesn't have fly screens or window locks...

3 comments :

Anonymous said...

You should start a business doing doll house reno's. With your attention to detail you'd do well.

Anonymous said...

Have you been to see the man in Gordon who builds his own doll houses and opens hi garage up during Xmas lights season?

It would be right up your alley!

AMCSviatko said...

Hi Seepi

I suspect that's James at Victorian Dollshouses who sells the fab 1/12th scale modern chairs I have in my collection...