Monday, January 19, 2009

Modern Miniatures on Monday: Katie Lockhart, Karen Walker and Resene

Spotted in the latest issue of Home New Zealand were 6 pages of the most beautiful Bauhaus-inspired miniature houses created by Katie Lockhart to highlight Karen Walker's new range of paint colours for Resene.Stylist Kate Lockhart's website has lovely large photos of most of them or you can download the advertising promotion in PDF format here.

I emailed Kate a couple of weeks ago to get some more information on the houses, her inspiration, and (more importantly!) where the houses are now but have not heard back. If I do I'll definitely let you know what she says...

6 comments :

Altera said...

oh, these are lovely!

AF4564 said...

Wow! I'd love to get one of those!

Anonymous said...

we need more info - these are super, well done for highlighting them !

Modern MC said...

Man, I would like to have these!

Anonymous said...

These Models and minatures were actually made by Auckland based sculptor Gidon Bing. He can be contacted via the saatchi website: http://www.saatchi-gallery.co.uk/yourgallery/artist_profile/Gidon+Bing/81041.html

Mini Dork said...

What a great find!
I just got some more details pictures from Gidon that I added to my blog.

The models currently reside in the PR dept at Resene. There was some talk of them going on permanent display and being exhibited together with some life size versions of the furniture miniatures and a life size lounge niche, but nothing has been finalized.

Gidon has had requests for doll houses and seems open to commissions. I contacted Gidon through the contact form on the Saatchi website link from Anonymous.