Monday, June 29, 2009

In which the whole "Cook from the Cupboard" plan goes off the rails. Yet again.

Sunday was good. Probably because I didn't actually leave the house. Well, I did leave the house as I hung washing on the line but you know what I mean. There was also cleaning and stuff. And cooking. And knitting. And watching of the last three episodes of Torchwood Series Two.

Today is where it all went pear shaped. It was my last day at my current contract and we decided to go out to lunch to celebrate. And in the afternoon my colleague and I caught up with a fellow Librarian up the road over afternoon tea.

Tonight I should be doing more pre-flat inspection cleaning. But since I received a late birthday present in the mail this morning I shall be spending the evening watching The Jacqui Brown Diaries. I'm rather intrigued as two people now have said I remind them of her (or is it the other way round?)

Cook from the Cupboard

Sunday's menu:


Breakfast: Cup of tea
Brunch: Apple drop biscuits with honey cinnamon yoghurt. Plunger coffee
Afternoon tea: Toast with freshly made hummus and sliced tomato
Dinner: Fettuccine with mushrooms and pesto

Sunday's purchases: 0

Today's menu:


Breakfast: Porridge with sultanas, wheatgerm, brown sugar and milk. Cup of tea
Lunch: Wholewheat roll with roasted peppers and salad. Chocolate mousse cake and coffee
Afternoon tea: Bottle of ginger beer
Dinner: Hummus and corn chips

Today's purchases:

Lunch: $16.50
Ginger Beer: $2.70

Total for Today: $19.20

Total for June: $968.32

No comments :