Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Not feeling very bright eyed and bushy tailed right now

First morning at my new job = lots to learn and retain = sore head.

On top of a couple of weeks full-on learning the back end of the site I just took over stewardship of, and a few issues that popped up. (Yes, that's why it's been a bit quiet round here lately).

And the sort of sleep where you spend the night dreaming of such big things that you wake up exhausted.

To add the cherry on the cake, I took the opportunity to visit the optometrist this afternoon for the first eye test I've had in almost 20 years. There was much peering through little holes with different lenses on deciding if the left or the right looked brighter or the horizontal or vertical lines were clearer. Which left me with a sore head AND tired eyes.

The good news is that I'm only 2.5% under normal vision, even with my dodgy eye so glasses not required yet:

(but maybe, just maybe, I should consider turning the light on if I'm trying to read 4 point text on the back of my CDs in dim conditions...)

Is it terribly bad to be seriously considering being in bed by 6pm tonight?

1 comment :

Kerry said...

Sometimes bed is the ONLY place to be!