Tuesday, May 04, 2010

It's been a long time

Since we did a Monday night TV night but last night J&M and Cycling S and I gathered to eat snacks, drink wine and watch the repeat of The Collectors on their big screen whiz-bang TV before dinner.

After the show finished it hit me that last night marked the end of an era of my life which started over two years ago when my
CMAG exhibition was confirmed (and much longer ago, if you count when I first started dreaming about it.

I suppose I'd better hatch a new grandiose mad plan for the next few years...

Someone asked me (sorry can't find the original comment/ email) what the "holy grails" I mentioned on the show were.

In no particular order (and I've probably forgotten some):

* The 1967 Lundby flat roofed house (photo from the We Love Lundby site):* A Brio 1960s bungalow (photo from The Museum of Doll's Houses):* A Triang suntrap, even though it's outside the terms of my current Collection Development Policy (photo from V&A Museum of Childhood): * More Vero houses (picture from Rebecca's Collections): * A New Zealand made Jomax house:* Jenny's Home components (photo from Vintage Dolls Houses):
What are your "holy grails"?

4 comments :

Rebecca said...

What about some of the Triang bungalows that preceded the Jenny's Home? Frederieke on facebook has one - it's the only one I know of apart from catalogue pictures.
I'm not sure what my own holy grails are, apart from every dolls house I fall in love with and can't buy because of expense or distance! But there are probably some - I'll have a think about it :-)

AMCSviatko said...

I have the V and the S. What more is there? Although one with the curvy staircase would be nice...

greenspace said...

I wish the segment on Collectors had been a lot longer - I wanted to see more, in more detail!

Rebecca said...

Well, to answer you literally, there's the A, the B and the C! which are really all variations - the A is a 2-roomed rectangular bungalow (that's what Frederieke has), the B has an extra wing making an L shape, and the C has two wings, so it's a U shape. The B and the C each have a pool.
One dolls house I think I'd really like would be one of the German ones with a low mosaic tiled wall under a picture window with a flower box. And a Marx Imagination. And maybe some others ...