Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Australia Day: chop chop

There was a plan for my first paid public holiday in at least two years.

I was going to spend it in bed.

But, somehow, I found myself upright and out of bed by 8am. Showered and dressed by 9am. Breakfasted and in the studio by 9:30am.

Where I spent the whole day chopping up bits of paper. Printing bits of paper. Then chopping them up again. Chucking stuff through
Indesign (after teaching myself the basics of how to do what I needed to do.) Chucking stuff through Photoshop.

More printing. More cutting.

And, finally, deciding I could justify spending some of my
Uppercase money on a guillotine that could cut more than one sheet at once. My Fiskars paper cutter has done me good, but I think I've outgrown it... Today's inchie is a bit different from previous ones. I created the original (15 cm square) by cutting into offcuts from today's projects. Scanned it, photoshopped the heck out of it, resized it to fit, printed it then added the words.

Want to see the original?

So much for having a laid back lazy day in bed, being paid to do nothing...

No comments :