Monday, May 16, 2011

Alas, not The Big Reveal I'd planned

After Thursday's teaser I'd planned to build a Eurovision themed scene* with the contents of my swap parcel from Ann. And post it here yesterday.

Except I came down with something first thing in the morning and have spent a very miserable two days either becoming reacquainted with
my black and white hankie collection or asleep in bed. I did watch Eurovision. In my PJs. Wrapped in a blanket. On the sofa. Feeling very sorry for myself.

So there is no cool Eurovision themed scene. Or superlatives. Instead there are simple shots of my new treasures, taken in a race against the failing light when I woke up late this afternoon:

First up is one of Ann's new Locke series coffee tables. Custom painted for the swap, I suspect. The vase and bottle are from my collection but the teeny origami crane was part of the swap parcel:Also included were two round acrylic stools/ low tables (which also look great stacked into one higher side table):And, my favourite, a custom framed Keith Haring print. (Unlike me, Ann does her matting properly)

(*I had the red and black already as part of the swap. and just needed to round up and create some yellow touches. And find my mini disco ball)

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

good post!! worth the read :)
Rajrang
Ladies Apparels

Ann said...

Ahhh finally catching up to my blog feeds... wow I'm a few days late in replying.. ugh..

Anywho, love the pictures! Hope to see it in one of your famous scenes one day *wink*wink*