Friday, June 24, 2011

Fred* Sir, in bed Sir, not dead Sir**

How was your Friday night? I spent mine in the back streets of Fyshwick gaining much satisfaction from Jamor who did magic things with Fred's hard..... drive.***

The PC Professional gets top marks from me for going above and beyond the call of duty (folks, they supposedly close at 5pm on Friday night: I finally left with a fixed laptop just after 8pm!) And for reasonable rates, straight forward explanations and selling you what you need not what you think you want.

I discovered that they do house calls, which made me start plotting the idea of "PC parties": grab a group of girlfriends with computers and laptops that need cleaning up and who want to learn more about them. Gather with snacks and wine (and a chap from The PC Professionals) then share the hourly rate: while one computer is upgrading he can be working on another or explaining the basics of what exactly all those programmes your computer came with actually do and why (and how) to safely delete them.


(* My laptop)
(** With apologies to Spike Milligan)
(*** You probably have to be a local to get this)

No comments :