Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Yellow, hello!

A little package of goodness (from myself) arrived in the mail yesterday: And I thought I might try to share the full creative process in putting together a scene.

Again.

After I got home I popped them on the pile of "things to play with" and saw this:which made me think of an interesting juxtaposition of natural and man made.

Then I thought of a rug I made last week:Hmm... maybe I should go with the whole 70s retro vibe...

Then I remembered the grey paper I bought last week:and liked what I saw. So I explored the idea a bit further this morning over breakfast,and decided that I wanted to try a room I hadn't worked with before:
and likedwhat I saw...
(Time taken: 50 minutes while doing other things)

(To be continued...)

4 comments :

Makeminemidcentury said...

Where do you get all your things?

Kikka N said...

Very interesting alternatives... I think I like the four last ones most, where the yellow jugs seem to be floating...

Kikka

AMCSviatko said...

I've collected mini treasures over the years from numerous places: mini fairs and shops, eBay, souvenir shops, swaps, gifts.

For this particular post the paper came from Eckersly's, the rug wool was a gift from a friend, the yellow plastic crockery was from eBay, the Mielle kitchen an online purchase, the window from the local dolls house shop, the white tape and linen tea towel from an op shop and I can't remember where the chair came from...

Sarah said...

Gorgeous colours and your book looks great!