Saturday, September 03, 2011

Distractions

Top of today's list of things to do was taking up trousers for a friend and (finally) finishing Mitchymoo's May Swap.

I started so well! I tidied away
the trial scenes from this morning so I could pull out the overlocker and sewing machine. Turned the iron on, found the trousers, and...

Decided I'd "just" see how a piece of the runner looked with some paint on it. It seemed so sensible to arrange things so it could dry while I was working on those two very important priorities.

I got the first pair of trousers pinned up. Went downstairs to put a load of washing out, and on the way back through the kitchen, thought I'd "just" see how the flooring was going. And, what do you know, it was dry...

I rather like how it looks with just the first coat:
very vintage/ shabby chic.

It also works well as wall panelling (something else that's been on my wish list for a while now):
And those trousers? That's them buried under my mini storage box. *sigh*

Looks like I need to clean things away AGAIN, have lunch and restart the day.

4 comments :

Sarah said...

I know that feeling! I love all your rooms you have done recently. My dolls houses are still sitting there, quietly filling up with props until the day when I decide to do them. That day seems to be a long time coming!
Your teatowels are actually on the way now!

callsmall said...

LOVE the little shadow box on the wall!!

Pepper said...

We didn't stipulate May in any particular year =0P

Lovin' the collection of pots. I really like the painted brick too..is that embossed card?

AMCSviatko said...

It's a plastic sheet from precision products: http://earthntree.com/miniatures/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=72_960_963&products_id=26760

Mine is so old that it now has built in grime for that industrial effect!