Monday, May 06, 2013

Sydney Show stash

I did very well again this year: I think being at the show the full two days and being able to dash out and revisit stalls several times helps, as does being able to see the stalls when they're not crowded.

 Introducing a quiet corner of...
2Limited! (Yes I know I said three monthly...)
Shall we see what's new?
 A lovely vintage suitcase from Rule of Thumb ($15) and a couple of vintage hats ($5 each).
 The sleigh bed was a gift from Jennifer and will be meeting the spray paint can very, very soon. The doilies were $1.50 for the set.
 Black and white daisy tea set ($5) from Cardstone Miniatures. I bought two. Jug cover ($3) from Faery Fantasys (sic). Sock monkey ($20) from Helen Palenski. Retro tomato sauce bottle, a gift from Judy Foster. Dolls house ($10), metal picture frame with picture ($1), five jars of preserves ($4) and set of gold shells and fleur-de-lys ($2 the lot) from the rummage box of a stall whose name I forget. Alphabet block set ($2) from Lyn's Tiny Corner, sticker, part of a grab bag ($3), toy airplanes from adelaide's miniatures by design ($8, including 5 toy cars, not shown) and the crate was free from Minis To Di For (and matches the one I picked up at the ACTME show last month!)
 The dresser ($10) matches the one I already have and I plan to renovate it somehow when I decide what style. The bolts of fabric and the bead tin were freebies from Minis To Di For.
 The flowers were also freebies and the stickers were part of the $3 stash mentioned earlier. The table is one of two I picked up from Minis To Di For ($4 each) which will also be meeting the spray can soon.
 Finally, a close up of the dolls house...
which opens!

4 comments :

Rebecca said...

Lovely lot! I'm glad you got the golden shells - I bought some bargain packs from that stall, and thought about the shells, but was trying to be restrained ....
Just as well you saw the mini dolls house first, don't think I would have been restrained about that! And the b&w daisy set is triffic :-)

m1k1 said...

Don't forget the sauce bottle.

Norma Bennett said...

I'm quite partial to the daisy tea set too! Sorry I was in such a rush on Sunday morning that I didn't get to chat (why do friends organise weddings and overnight visits at my house the weekend the fair is on??) - that was me with the balustrade sticking out of the black handbag that you remarked on :)

AMCSviatko said...

Dang it, why didn't you say?!

Hope we can meet properly next year...