Monday, December 08, 2014

Sunday surprises

Browsing through the most dangerous shop in all of Canberra, I spotted this nestled amongst the offerings:
Copy of the book 'The Making of Home' on display in a book shop.
 and instantly cried 'dolls' house!'

'Are you sure?' my shopping companion replied. 'Well yes: that's a REAC chair and a Dolls' House Emporium bed in the top room.' I stated, And so, when I got home I tried to find out who had created the cover, With no luck (looks like I'll have to buy a copy anyway and then I can check).

Interestingly, on the other side of the same display stand I found this:
Copy of the book Horrorstör on display in a book shop.
 (And there it was again next door...)
Copy of the book Horrorstör on display in a book shop.
Which got me thinking. Are these two examples (and, of course, The Miniaturist) pointing the way to a new trend in book cover design? Might we end up seeing a new employment option open up for us? And, if so, how do I sign up?

No comments :