Tuesday, June 16, 2015

under construction

I need to finish my brooches for the 5PIN exhibition and deliver them tomorrow (hell, I have to start my brooches for the 5PIN exhibition!)

But I realised that the Alex Asch exhibition I'd been meaning to see finishes today. And decided I could justify a visit to it as research. Besides, I was low on brooch backings and if I combined a trip to buy more with a visit (and a coffee and catch up with a friend) it would be completely frugal. Right?
Coffee and cake and a catalogue for the Alex Asch exhibition at Beaver Galleries.
 (Especially if she bought my coffee and cake as a belated birthday treat...)
View of four of the buildings on display at the Alex Asch exhibition at Beaver Galleries.
I'm glad we went. I just wish I had the spare cash to buy one of the pieces as a birthday gift for myself...
Wall-hung building facade on display at the Alex Asch exhibition at Beaver Galleries.
Detail of a window of a wall-hung building facade on display at the Alex Asch exhibition at Beaver Galleries.
Two wall pieces and a building on display at the Alex Asch exhibition at Beaver Galleries.
Building and wall piece on display at the Alex Asch exhibition at Beaver Galleries.
View of the Alex Asch exhibition 'under construction' at Beaver Galleries.
Two works in the Alex Asch exhibition 'under construction' at Beaver Galleries.
Two works in the Alex Asch exhibition 'under construction' at Beaver Galleries.
Luckily for me, one of my favourite pieces is reproduced in the brochure at a perfect size for miniature use!
But first: brooches...

1 comment :

Mini Dork said...

What a cool exhibition! Thanks for sharing. :)
(I wish I could buy one too)