Friday, August 21, 2015

Finish it off Friday: Fifteen minutes at a time...

At last weekend's ProBlogger training event, one of the things that stood out for me was hearing how the organiser had wanted to write an ebook, but felt he had no time. So he got up 15 minutes early each day and spent that time working on it. Three and a half months later, he was done.

I realised I needed to do the same with the three big miniature projects (if there can be such a thing?) that I wanted to have finished by the end of the year:
  1. the retro caravan kit (which I have already started and am trying to get into the habit of spray painting a bit of each day until I've undercoated all the pieces, boring as it might be).
  2. the HBS Creatin' Contest kit (which is still sitting in its box on the kitchen floor, waiting until I find the space to unpack it).
  3. and the Lundby hack, which has been waiting for my attention since December.

So today, I refocused on the Lundby hack, which I set up on top of a bookcase in the lounge back in December, confident that they fact it was sitting there, in full sight of the sofa, in all its glorious colour, would mean I'd be forced to get cracking on it:
Corber of a lounge, with a half-built Lundby dolls' house on top of a bookcase.
 Instead, I just stopped seeing it. :-/
A bookcase in a lounge, with a half-built Lundby dolls' house on top of it.
(Has something similar ever happened to you?)

So here's my starting point, a 2011 Lundby Smaland House:
A  half-built Lundby dolls' house.
Right from the beginning I'd thought I'd like to turn it into a cafe/ bar/ live music venue.

Downstairs, I decided that the original bathroom area would be a good kitchen space, and discovered that I could put the bathroom wall in backwards so the door to the room was at the rear of the space.
Interior of the bathroom of a half-built Lundby dolls' house. In the room are a selection of kitchen fittings.
I also decided that the internal stairs took up too much room so removed them. Instead, I was to add a door to the back wall, which will lead to toilets, the office and storeroom.
Interior of the ground floor of a half-built Lundby dolls' house.
I want to leave the wall between the original kitchen and dining areas out to make a large, open-space room offering chairs and tables and sofas to sit at while you have your coffee and cake.
Interior of the ground floor of a half-built Lundby dolls' house, with tables and chairs.
 Upstairs, I'm planning to have direct entry to the bar/ live music venue from the outside balcony, and possibly expend the roof to cover it. Inside will be a small lobby area,
Outside view of  ahlaf-built Lundby dolls' house, showing french doors to where a balcony should be.
 And a large, open-plan live music area with bar and a range of seating options.
Interior of the first floor of a half-built Lundby dolls' house, with sofas and band equipment set up.
I'm using band equipment from a Playmobil set, which is about the right scale, because the Lundby instruments set (60.5061) has been discontinued.
Band equipment set up in the corner of the first floor of a half-built Lundby dolls' house.
Wish me luck!

2 comments :

Kikka N said...

The Lunby is fantastic..and wonderful how you can use the Playmobil tehe! Good Luck!

Kathy S. said...

I love all the bright colors!