Friday, August 28, 2015

Finish it off Friday: a terrifying realisation

Pieces from a HBS modern dolls' house miniature Denise's City Cottage Kit on a table.
This morning, as I finally opened my HBS Denise's City Cottage kit, I realised that I. Have. Never. Built. A. Dolls'. House. Kit. In. My. Life.

*Gulp*

(The closest I've got was designing my bay villa, which I then paid someone else to build for me.)

After breathing deeply, I sorted the kit pieces out, checked the instructions, and then spent quite some time reading More Minis @ Blogspot's very detailed posts on putting the kit together.
Pieces from a HBS modern dolls' house miniature Denise's City Cottage Kit arranged neatly on a table.
Then I ran away to breakfast with a friend, who dropped past the hardware store with me afterwards so I could pick up some more undercoat (because my mini life seems to be a constant round of undercoating things at the moment).

I was very happy to spot this on the mistint trolley:
One litre tin of mistint paint, marked 50c, on a table in front of pieces of a dolls' house miniature kit.
That's the inside paint sorted, then...

#HBSCreatinContest2015 

8 comments :

Sheila said...

Hey don't worry. It's not a hard kit. Honestly the most difficult thing I've found was dealing with the windows. Tape them carefully when you paint/stain.

otterine said...

You can do it!!! :D It's a very straightforward kit as long as you don't follow my lead and monkey around with it. :]

kittyandkatminiatures said...

Your natural creativity will save the day. And remember, glue, wood filler and caulking pretty much can fix anything and save the day ;)

AMCSviatko said...

It's a very straight-forward kit as long as you don't want to:

* Cut holes in the side walls for French doors (and fill the window holes)
* Add a wall down the middle
* Add a back wall (with windows)
* Completely change the front wall
* Add patios to each side

Yeah: should be a piece of cake ;-P

Susan@minicrochetmad said...

Your courage astounds!!!

otterine said...

Yeah, I can never just "build a kit" either. :D

Lorraine Robinson said...

lol Oh Anna-Maria, you made me laugh, as all the other comments did too. I will join in with the others and say go on you can do it!! but and I say this nicely...keep me in the loop as I love a giggle here and there...lol As long as we don't aspire to do what Otterine does we will both be safe...lol

AMCSviatko said...

Lorraine: I have a back-up plan if all else fails, which involves putting the dratted thing in the back of the car and driving down to set up camp on your communal shop table until someone takes pity on me and teaches me ALL THE THINGS!