Monday, November 23, 2015

Porch post

After the weekend's trip to see Ann from Victorian Dollhouses, and extra roof beams ordered cut and in the mail to me (thanks to the amazing Karen at JWT Dollshouses and Miniatures), things are definitely looking up on my HBS Creatin' Contest build..
Dry fit of a dolls' house shed kit, with stained weatherboarding taped to the sides and pergola posts and struts taped in place.
 So much so that I ventured into the next step: building the pergolas for the sides.
Dry fit of a dolls' house shed kit, with stained weatherboarding taped to the sides and pergola posts and struts taped in place.
 The first trial is bodged together with bits from the kit that I don't think I'll be using, just to get an idea of size.
Dry fit of a dolls' house shed kit, with perspex and weatherboarding taped to the front and pergola posts and struts taped to the sides.
Ideally, I think the pergolas should be double the width, so my writers can sit outside when it's raining without getting wet, and even move their desk onto it on fine days, if they feel like a change of scene.*
Dry fit of a dolls' house shed kit, with stained weatherboarding taped in place and white sliding door frames fitted.
I also cut down the centre wall to fit and was most chuffed to find that my dodgy cutting isn't so obvious when the wall's in place.
Inside rear view of a dry fit of a dolls' house shed kit, with a central wall installed.
Inside front view of a dry fit of a dolls' house shed kit, with a central wall installed.
Speaking of chuffed, I returned from my weekly digital sabbath to find this in my inbox:
Etsy notice celebrating the first sale in my shop.
(*While looking at this picture of the sliding door frame installed without the doors, I suddenly saw a future version of the build with the pergolas covered in and turned into a tiny bathroom and kitchenette area. Oh dear. I'd better forget that idea as quickly as I thought of it...)

#HBSCreatinContest2015 

3 comments :

Mad For Mod said...

You can always add on to it later.

Tina said...

Is there a link to your Etsy shop in your blog? I can't find anywhere. It's ok though I googled it. But probably good idea to put link in if you haven't got one here.

AMCSviatko said...

Hi Tina

There is, over there on the left <-----------
(But quite far down, I now realise. I'll bring it up the next time I update the design :-)