Thursday, November 19, 2015

Thank you

I took a step back for a day, and read your comments. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I returned to the build with a clearer idea of what I needed to do next. One of those things turned out to be putting the first coat of 'creosote' on the side siding. Which suddenly made the whole thing look much better
Dry fit of a dolls' house shed kit, with stained weatherboarding taped to the sides.
(especially combined with pulling the cardboard central wall template out of the pile and re cutting it to fit around the front and rear beams. Buying a better roll of masking tape. And adding some furniture pieces).

And I've emailed someone to see if they can laser cut the extra roof beams I need to extend the roofline out over the pergola area. Because I know there's no way I can do that myself.

Meanwhile, I visited the newly-opened Canberra IKEA yesterday and couldn't resist buying a pair of light-up pears to add to my collection. Since I only need one in the collection, I thought the other would make an interesting garden sculpture for the build...
Dry fit of a dolls' house shed kit at night, with an Adirondack chair and a light-up pear sculpture outside it.
Speaking of IKEA, while I was there I noticed that they've added another set to their Huset range. Once again, out of scale for 1/12, but still tempting as the rug would work fine, the wardrobe doors could be hacked for front doors. And that dragon!
Set of IKEA dolls' bedroom furniture.
I may need to take Wendy out for a visit.

#HBSCreatinContest2015

6 comments :

kittyandkatminiatures said...

New Huset?? Start the car........I'm coming Ikea!!

Kathy S. said...

Love the pear light! And it all looks great!

Sheila said...

Ooohh Love the color of the siding...Contrast with the white doors is lovely. And now I might need to visit Ikea...

H. Bean said...

Really great to see it coming together, & i love the pear (& apple!) lights, i want some now too, you bloody enabler! I should probably get that other Huset set too, I have one with the sofa & have been meaning to get a 2nd of it, & i think the new set would be perfect for some dolls I have - the bed, wardrobe & chairs are very cute, though I wish they'd done a mini version of the round Mammut table rather than the rectangular one + a mini Mammut stool would have been a nice addition to the set. More things for the wishlist..

AMCSviatko said...

(And now you know why I'm called The Shopping Sherpa... ;-P )

H. Bean said...

Ha! well, thanks for the enablement, I have some pear lights on the way! I'd like some of the apple versions of the lights too once they're available here in the UK - there's none, neither apples or pears on the UK site yet. :-/