Wednesday, February 01, 2017

Away. Again.

Australia Day long weekend + super-cheap airfares to Wellington on Singapore Airlines = a last-minute decision to celebrate the event by leaving the country
Floor sIgn for international departures, with a passport and boarding pass next to it.
(while also unlocking a long wished-for achievement of travelling internationally with carry-on luggage only!).
A carry-on bag and a messenger bag sitting on a carpet printed with stones.
A trip to Wellington isn't complete without a visit to the Wellington Underground Markets, but this visit I bought nothing there
Signs spelling the word market strung across a walkway next to the sea.
(tempted as I was by the miniature cakes 'iced' with the flags of Australia and New Zealand...).
One-twelfth scale dolls house cakes decorated with flags of Australia, New Zealand, Britain or The United States.
I did manage to make it to Chow for a meal of my favourite blue cheese wontons:
Restaurant table with drinks and food on it.
and also discovered that Lloyd Cole was playing in town while I was there, so I had to buy tickets and attend.
Two glasses of wine on a cafe table with a ticket to a Lloyd Cole concert between them.
And here's my mini haul from the weekend: the wooden craft shapes were a gift from Sandra, the other pieces were picked up at Pete's Emporium and Uncle Bills [sic].
Selection of wooden crafting shapes, dimensional stickers, miniature teddy bears, marble-effect beads plus an owl-shaped bell and miniature Statue of Liberty set out on a desktop.
I was hoping to find some empty white matchboxes in my Wellington travels so I can send out the rest of my mini 2017 calendars (they're not to be found anywhere in Canberra or Queanbeyan).

I can now say that I've checked 16 shops in two countries and have come up empty-handed, and may have to order them in from the UK. So much for shopping local, huh?

4 comments :

Pepper said...

Empty white matchboxes? If you find them in the UK, tell me cos I have your stamp to send to you. May as well send them all together :0)

JC said...

You can get them in 30 box lots for 7.95 at bakerross.com.au craft supplies I assume plus postage
Love your work

AMCSviatko said...

Hey Pepper: Found them in the UK but have already ordered and paid (sorry :-})

JC: Thanks for the info: but it seems that bakerross are selling exactly the same thing as I ordered off eBay from the UK: but for a higher total price :-/

JC said...

Wow capitalism at its best