Thursday, March 22, 2007

Here comes The Grump

One of the most frustrating symptoms that I'm sick is I get grumpy. Very grumpy, which makes me not very good company at all. It's a good thing I live alone (well, apart from the cat who seems to have decided to make himself scarce today. Smart cat.)

I think I'm so used to racing through life at top speed with several plans, back up plans and mad schemes on the boil that when I'm forced to slow down I can't quite comprehend it. You'd think by the age of 40 I would have figured out that sometimes you just have to throw your plans out the window, take to your bed with a pile of good books, CDs and some knitting, wait til you feel human again and sort stuff out from there.

7 comments :

Heidi said...

Hope you are feeling better soon. Enjoy the day in bed, if you can, and good luck with the knitting.

Taphophile said...

Oh but illness is so annoying and limiting. Bloody illness - get in the queue. ;)

Got a parcel for you if you're callng past Starbucks Manuka tonight.

Taphophile said...

Sorry you were too sick to come out and play. I forgot your parcel, so probably just as well if you're feeling grumpy anyway.

Hope you feel better soon.

Kristin said...

Feel better, Grumperoo!

Anonymous said...

Best wishes to you - dear sick one.

Helen

Anonymous said...

Whoa.. talk about ringing bells!! Could you remind me what 70s childrens' TV show that line 'Here comes The Grump' is from? It is very familiar but can't quite recall why.

Hope you feeling better soon.

Kerry

AMCSviatko said...

Hey Kerry

The show was called, oddly enough, Here comes the grump. More info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Here_Comes_The_Grump