Sunday, October 18, 2009

Give me a day off and I'll take 1448 miles...

In an unexpected twist of fate I was told that I wasn't going to be working on Friday October 30th.

Which is the day before what could be a very long weekend in Canberra (if you happen to take the Monday before Family and Community Day off the following week).

Somehow I found myself on the Qantas website. You know, to just check what the situation was for frequent flier fares around that time. And before I knew what had happened I'd booked flights to Wellington.

Flights, insurance and 4 nights accommodation for $184.94? I think it's cheaper than staying at home. Besides, I'm well overdue for a visit to the dentist...

1 comment :

Janet McKinney said...

what a girl...Hope that is not the weekend you are on television!