Sunday, March 27, 2011

A Sunday scene

This scene started with the circular piece on the wall, which Taph spotted while we were out op shopping on Canberra Day. It picked up the colour of some paper I had in one of my paper stacks (which is a much more aubergine colour than it looks here: I've discovered purple is a very difficult colour to photograph correctly.)The shelving unit is a fairly new acquisition from Dolls House Emporium, and the table base and chairs unearthed from a box of AG Minis I had stashed in the bottom of the cupboard. The purple bag is also AG Minis.

The table top is one of a set of metal coasters I picked up while op shopping months ago for $1.
Flowers, bag, biscuits, and file boxes from my Advent Swap and blackboard, monkey, pot of moss and misc beads from my recent Call of the Small Swap. Here's another new addition to my collection: a cart very similar to the one I use in real life as a coffee table:It didn't always look like this, though. Yesterday it was an out of scale, quite ugly Re-ment piece. Until I attacked it with the saw and some paint. As you can see, there's still a little touching up to be done, but I'm feeling quite chuffed...

2 comments :

Pubdoll said...

Great makeover of the re-ment cart!

Di said...

I love this scene, can see myself living quite happily amoung these pieces - if I was 1/12 my size that is.