Saturday, September 17, 2011

Three floors

Two weeks have passed since I bought my bamboo table runner to use as miniature flooring. You'll remember that I undercoated one bit in white, and it's still in the same state as I dither about if I want to keep it looking shabby or finish painting it properly: (Yes, I still have the same half finished room sitting on my desk two weeks later)

I have, however, made progress with the second piece of runner. It got sanded and distressed slightly followed by several applications of stained coating wax and lots of buffing:
I like how it looks and how the house smells:
it's been years since I last used my coating wax.
(Such a difference between the original and the waxed version!)

Now I have to decide how to deal with the third bit of flooring my bamboo runner produced...

No comments :