Saturday, September 03, 2011

Two for the price of one*

And, suddenly, it seems that I'm working on two room ideas at once: The room on the left was inspired by this illustration in a recent marie claire (or was it Madison?) and the arrival of a too-cheap-to-not-bid-on loft bed from eBay.

I haven't done pink before and it's not usually a colour I'm drawn too but I'm enjoying playing with different options for what seems to have decided to be a crafty teenager's bedroom.
Next door is a much darker space. I bought new scrapbooking paper last night, and, following Petronellas miniplats' lead, went looking for a table mat I can use as floorboards (much cheaper than buying them from the dolls house shop, and less driving involved) Alas, David Jones only had a table runner. So I'll get to trial painted floorboards with the other end of it and still have some left over for wall panelling...

(*Humming this)

1 comment :

Vanessa said...

I can already tell that both rooms are going to be beautiful!