Friday, October 21, 2011

A night on the tiles

I've been lusting after the Anglepoise Giant 1227 floor lamp for quite some time (and, at $3,500 a pop, will probably be doing so for quite some time to come)

Recently I've been playing with ideas to create a version in miniature, even buying a Barbie one off eBay for a couple of dollars to experiment with.

While waiting for it to arrive, I happened to find myself in the National Portrait Gallery shop, where I discovered the Tiny Tim booklight:An almost perfect size, it lights up, and it was only $16.

Now I'm trying to decide if I should get a red one as well...

6 comments :

Mad For Mod said...

Love it! I've used book lights for minis too. I just don't have the patience to wire anything. Love the Scrabble paper too!

minima said...

I wanna sit there and live there for a while.

Neomig said...

the floor is so cool!!
Neomi

Modern MC said...

The floor is so awesome. You have inspired me--as usual. Ha! I want that light too. Hmm...

Mini Dork said...

Cool find. I love that lamp. Definitely get it in red. :)

Sarah said...

I got one of these for my birthday!