Monday, May 06, 2013

Potty!

Long-time readers of this blog may remember the beautiful hand-knitted vest I bought from the Sydney Show back in 2008.

Helen's been busy since then: this year she was offering quarter-inch scale hand knitted and decorated tea cosies.

Yes, you read right quarter-inch scale. Here's the evidence:
Tiny hand-knitted tea cosy balanced on a pinky fingernail
 (That, folks, is my pinky. And if you don't believe me, here's the same tea cosy on an Australian $2 coin, which is 2 cm across:)
Tiny hand-knitted tea cosy displayed on an AU $2coin
I bought this wee chap off Helen, after eyeing him up last year and somehow forgetting to go back for him:
1/12th scale hand knitted sock monkey sitting on a hand
Yep, a perfectly knitted 1/12 scale sock monkey.

Helen knits a range of other toys (There are some good photos on the Exquisite Miniatures blog. Let me know if you'd like Helen's email address.

1 comment :

greenspace said...

Wow! that tea cosy is incredible! and I love the sock monkey too