Sunday, May 25, 2014

How I spent my birthday (part 1)

The day involved three mini friends (and one non-mini friend).
Two women looking at a miniature garden while drinking tea,
Adelaide brought her Italian garden courtyard for us to admire...
Miniature Italian courtyard garden with cane chair.
Miniature rocks with tiny red door with tiny mouse peeping out.
 And her trunk project, with a most appropriate tag,
Miniature red trunk with skipping rope hanging over the edge and tag which reads 'Keep calm and make miniatures'
Jennifer brought a present: a hand-knitted cashmere scarf.
Close up photo of a woman's hand caressing a black knitted lacey scarf.
(Which made me feel very special).
Woman holding a black knitted lacey scarf around her neck.
After morning tea, we headed up to Div's studio,

Two women at the table in a miniatures studio.
where Adelaide had arranged a surprise workshop!
Miniature picnic basket with contents.
The group ranged from experienced miniaturists to first timers.
Group of four women around a workshop table, looking at bits of a miniature picnic basket kit.
I was pleased to find I had been given the special black and white version of the kit...
Miniature picnic basket kit pieces, plus scissors and stain pen.
Miniature half-built picnic kit, with black and white checked lining.
Miniature black and white picnic kit, clamped after glueing,
(to be continued...)

6 comments :

Rebecca said...

Sounds like a wonderful birthday! Adelaide's courtyard looks even more inviting than in the photos I've seen of it before (I don't remember actually seeing them at the fair).

Very interesting to see around Div's studio! I spot an early GeeBee and a Kitfix/Severalls. What is the large brick building with green doors and shutters?

Pepper said...

How cool. Gorgeous scarf and I love the project.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! =0)

AMCSviatko said...

Rebecca: I don't think Adelaide had her version on display at the show. The rest were down the end next to James. And the pink and green house is Monet's House: I'm not sure what she used to build it in...

Jesse said...

Happy birthday! Looks like a great way to spend a day!

Mad For Mod said...

What a fabulous start to your Birthday...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

The grandmommy said...

I thought I used to follow you! I don't know what happened that I no longer see your blog.
I don't see a place to sign up again as a follower on blogger.
I absolute enjoy your posts!