Tuesday, November 04, 2014

A night on the tiles

Tonight I finally FINALLY got back to that bathroom idea I started working on in September (and not working on later in September, and again in October).

During that time I'd occasionally pondered on how best to set the mosaic tiles out in lines on the wall without it being a permanent thing. And tonight I worked it out: use the metal IKEA notice board I picked up from an op shop back in 2007 as the wall where the tiles are.

And so I tested the theory:
Tiny pink sparkly mosaic tiles set out in a rectangle with the shape of a bath and basin missing from the middle.
 and tested the theory again (after dropping the bath and breaking off a tap).
Modern dolls house miniature bathroom with pink sparkly tiles on the wall and grey shiny 'stone' floor.
And, by Jove, I think I'm on to something!
Modern miniature bath with pink sparkly tiles on the wall behind it. On the wall is the word 'STAR' in metal with diamante inserts.
(Of course now I have the problem that, because the tiles aren't stuck down, they're prone to moving when I bump them...)

4 comments :

Pepper said...

You know I'm going to say the obvious - don't bump it =0D
I like the idea of transitional scenes but I too am prone to knocking things. I found a miniature handle down my blouse yesterday. I know, the mind boggles.

Kikka N said...

Looks good to me! Love the bathtub...where did you buy that?

AMCSviatko said...

It's a Dolls' House Emporium set, bought many years ago...

Kristine PaperDollMiniatures said...

Very nice! I especially like all the shimmer going on :) and the tiles themselves are a great size. I hope you don't lose one while they are still loose...I always bump one off and it's gone forever lol