Thursday, December 15, 2016

Just one of those days...

I woke up too early.

The bus was late.

My Word document refused to save, no matter what I did.

The email I sent a colleague two weeks ago disappeared. Which is why I never heard back from him.

My lunch-time nachos treat to make up for a crappy morning was without cheese (who makes nachos WITHOUT CHEESE?)

I then managed to save my document, but stripped my metadata additions when I did.

By this stage I was tempted to just come home and end the day early to be on the safe side (assuming the house hadn't fallen down, burned down, or—I wouldn't have been surprised—had a rogue plane fly into it). I chose to be brave and mature and and stay at work.

When I got home I decided to do something for my Daily Dolls' House December challenge.

I chose to finish the bedding I started on Tuesday. Ripped the stitching on one pillow as I turned it too enthusiastically. And can't be bothered remaking it.

Realised that the bed I bought at the Sydney show was shorter and wider than my other beds, so the doona doesn't sit like it should.

Lost the black pillows that I'd planned to use on the bed. Looked everywhere I could think of, discombobulated by the idea of losing something (always a bad sign).

Finally gave up and took a (really crappy) photo of the completed bedding. And there, RIGHT NEXT TO THE BED were the missing pillows.
Modern one-twelfth scale miniature bed and bedding in colours of black, fawn and mustard, viewed from above.
I give up. I'm over it.

I'm also ignoring that voice in my head suggesting that the colour of the bedding is all wrong and am focusing on the fact that I'm now halfway through my Daily Dolls' House December challenge and haven't missed a day.

Well done me. As for The Universe: we'll have words.

4 comments :

Pepper said...

:0D
Sorry for laughing but it makes me feel good - that I'm not the only one this happens to. Nachos without cheese? Heathens tsk

Sheila said...

Oh dear. What a day! At least you found your pillows and you can start fresh tomorrow. Everything will look better in the morning.

But I admit, I'm like Pepper, grateful that I'm in good company when these types of crazy days happen.

Tina said...

I sympathize but we just gotta trust the Universe Ms Shopping Sherpa.

otterine said...

Oh, my! Sorry for your rotten day...let's hope it's out of your system now. And, aren't nachos without cheese actually called chips and salsa? =shakes head=