First up is the new remote control, which gives you the ability to have the lights on in one room at a time: perfect for this build, as I can have lights on in the upstairs bar/ music venue but off in the downstairs cafe (which is only open during the day).
Lundby have produced a clever stop-motion animation showing how it works:
The other change that works for my build is their decision to make the kitchen/ dining area open plan, which means I don't have to deal with channels in the floor and wall and can, in fact, use the floor that comes with the house as it is, if I want to...I decided that all this was a sign to stop procrastinating, and do some work on the hack.
Remember when I mentioned that I tell myself if I mess something up, it'll be a good story for the blog?
After checking the Lundby site for the wallpaper templates and finding them not there any more, I decided it would be a good idea to cut the new wallpaper to size before applying it. Bad, bad idea. Can you see?
Luckily I had enough of the paper to try another approach: applying and then cutting (my big Xyron sticker machine came out for the job).
Next step was the flooring. I had assumed that the bedroom carpet was a single piece of fabric. Silly me. It's lots of fluff, glued on:
(I'll get back to that later, as I'd run out of the time I'd put aside to work on the hack).
So far so good, even if it's all a bit temporary for now.
I was pleased to find that the copper spray paint I bought for the Hideout build, and used to paint one of my stag heads, went well with the paper I'd chosen. I think I'll be using that on a few things before this build is done...
My next issue is dealing with wallpapering the window wall. I'll check the Lundby site again in a day or so to see if the templates have mysteriously returned and if not, I might have a poke around to see how difficult it is to remove the windows from a modern Lundby. *gulp*
I also need to decide on papers and flooring for the music venue entry area and get them installed...
Slowly but surely, I'm making progress!